HYDROLOGIC AND HYDROGEOLOGIC INVESTIGATIONS
Griggs-Lang Consulting Geologists, P.C. and G-L Engineering, P.C. work together to provide an integrated approach to mine water management combining knowledge of geology, hydrology, hydrogeology and hydraulics with environmental, mining and engineering experience. Our experience enables us to provide cost effective, practical solutions for your project, including:
- Estimating dewatering requirements for surface mines;
- Predicting and evaluating the impact of mining on local and regional water resources;
- Use of baseline surface and groundwater data in exploration, evaluation and permitting projects;
- Baseline monitoring of borehole water levels with a fleet of Solinst Levelogger pressure transducers;
- Slug testing to establish in-situ hydraulic conductivities;
- Packer testing to establish in-situ hydraulic conductivities;
- Stream gauging to determine flow rates and stage correlation;
- Water budget modeling (surface water and groundwater);
- Integrating mine planning with surface water and groundwater management to minimize the amount of water handled in the mine and reduce pumping costs;
- SPDES Permit applications and sampling;
- Groundwater sampling;
- Preparation of Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPPs);
- Geophysical characterization of boreholes for hydrogeologic assessment;
- Aquifer pump test design;
- Production well and observation well siting;
- Tracer studies;
- Geotechnical Engineering; and
- Slope Stability Assessments.
Recent projects have included:
- Hydrologic investigation and assessment for the purpose of long-term mine planning and excavation sequencing at a major crushed stone and cement stone mine in upstate New York.
- Hydrogeologic investigations for the planned lateral and vertical expansions of major crushed stone aggregate mines in New York State.
- Hydrogeologic investigations for planning and permitting of new greenfield hard rock quarries and sand and gravel mines.
- Investigation of alternative secondary water supplies for a municipality.
- Geotechnical design and hydrologic assessment of an overburden storage facility at a major hard rock quarry.